Sunday, March 9, 2008

Zaireeka Reflection


The Zaireeka simultaneous listening party was one of the more interesting experiences I have ever been apart of. At the beginning I had no clue what was going on because I had not known about the background information about the Flaming Lips that Professor Ware had posted on blackboard that we were supposed to read before we went to that class.
Something that I remember well from that experience was how ridiculously relaxing some of the songs were. I can not remember which tracks exactly were the ones that I thought were super smooth and relaxing but some of them just put me right to sleep. At one point when I was sleeping I remember Professor Ware asking me a question as he walked by. I think he asked if I was having a good nap but I am not sure.
So what was up with Kody's stereo? I remember him trying to fix something and he kept messing with stuff on in the back of the stereo. Sometimes it did not sound like his stereo was playing or maybe his tape just was not playing anything at that moment.
There was one of the songs where at one point during it it sounded like a swarm of pissed off bee's that were buzzing all around and I remember getting super annoyed at that time.
When the "experience" was finally over I can remember being really glad that it was time to go after listening to somewhat strange music for the past hour and a half, or however long it was that we listened to it, but I also recall thinking that it must have taken a lot of time and creativity to put something like that together.
That class will be something that I never will forget because it was so out of the ordinary and because I had not ever experienced anything similar to that before.

No comments: