Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Zaireeka Observation


I am in room 208 in the Old Main building on the Nebraska Wesleyan University campus. I am sitting on a carpeted floor and am leaning against the desk at the front of the classroom. All of my classmates are sitting on the floor as well and we are sitting in circular shape.
I did not know there was some background information about the Flaming Lips' LP on blackboard so I am pretty confused on what is going on right now. There is some really weird music being played from four separate stereo systems that are placed in the four corners of the room.
Each stereo just said a different track number which was pretty sweet.
On the projector screen is a YouTube video of a member of Flaming Lips who is explaining what the people operating the stereo's need to be doing. Professor Ware stops the video each time the screen displays the title of the song that is currently playing. The title of the song that is being played right now is track number four, "A Machine in India". This music is causing me to become very sleepy, I am going to lay down for a little bit.
What the hell is that sound? It sounds like a colony of pissed off bee's. Wow that is an extremely obnoxious noise.
I kind of like the song that is playing right now. It is track number six and it is titled "The Train Runs Over The Camel But Is Derailed By The Gnat". That is a very interesting title for the name of a song, I wonder what it is supposed to mean?
Well that was definitely an experience I have and probably will not ever encounter again in my life but I am kind of glad I got the chance to do so.

No comments: