Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Favorite Video


My Dougie Video
Currently my favorite music video is by the artist Lil' Wil. Lil' Wil is a rap/hip hop artist from Dallas, Texas. The name of the song is called "My Dougie". It is Lil' Wil's first single on his upcoming debut album. Most of you probably do not know what "My Dougie" means and to be honest I did not know what it meant when I first heard the song either. "My Dougie" is another way of talking about someone's swag or swagger. It can also mean to have cool or hip style.
In the early 1980's an artist by the name of Doug E. Fresh had a dance called the "Doug E. Fresh". In Lil' Wil's music video he combines the "Doug E. Fresh" dance with the Dallas Boogie, a.k.a. the D-Town Boogie. The song features another rapper named Lil' Spain and the song is produced by Big E. In the original remix of the song the rapidly growing popular rap artist Soulja Boy is featured in it.
How you do the "My Dougie" dance is very simple actually. Even if you do not have any dancing abilities at all I guarantee anybody can do the "My Dougie" dance. All you have to do is slide your hands alongside your hand and you alternate back and forth between your right and left hands. While you are doing this you need to have a swagger or cockiness about yourself. In the song there is a part where the lyrics are, "fly then a mu*fucka", and when it says that you are supposed to flap your arms up and down as if you were flying.
I know some of you probably think this is the dumbest video you have ever seen and I can not completely disagree with you. The lyrics are not very good and I still am not sure what is being talked about in the song sometimes but I like it because it has a catchy beat and I think it is funny.

No comments: